1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My website feeds dont work

My website feeds dont work. After the last CMS update (I use Spip), it stopped working. This is the error message I got from Feed validator :

Sorry

This feed does not validate.
    line 51, column 39: XML parsing error: <unknown>:51:39: undefined entity

Line 51 :

&amp;lt;div class="hyperlien"&amp;gt;Ver en l&amp;iacute;nea : &amp;lt;a href="(URL address)" class="spip_out"&amp;gt;(URL address);/a&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;

Anybody could help me? What should I do to correct this? Thanks a lot!!
    Last edited by requinix; November 30th, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: workaround the html entities forum bug
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can't have things like &amp;iacute; in normal XML. It has to be literally "&amp;amp;iacute;" or "&amp;amp;#237;".

Might be that the update broke something, or it might be that the bug was there for a while and you only just now triggered it. Either way, look for support from whoever runs Spip.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the answer. The problem is that Spip has a very poor support...Ive posted about this issue in their forum and mail lists, but had no answer. So, the solution would be replace manually that expression by "&amp;amp;iacute;" (for example) ??

Originally Posted by requinix
    You can't have things like &amp;iacute; in normal XML. It has to be literally "&amp;amp;iacute;" or "&amp;amp;#237;".

Might be that the update broke something, or it might be that the bug was there for a while and you only just now triggered it. Either way, look for support from whoever runs Spip.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo