1. Big Endian
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Mozilla book as a .pdf file

The Oreilly Mozilla book was published using the Open Publication License. The book is available on Mozilla's website as a bunch of html files (click here). I made the webpages into a .pdf file if anyone wants an electronic copy of the book.

Currently it is 277 pages and 2.2 meg zipped. I don't have any place to put it for people to download it. But I can try emailing to anyone who wants it.

Just send me a message and I'll try to get it to you.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I seen the book on mozdev but ended up going out and buying the thing. Thats great that you took the initiative and created PDF's out of the web pages, probably makes it much easier to read. What would also be great would be to create a standalone in XUL for the book complete with search features......
    ~ Joe Penn
  5. Big Endian

I prefer books because I spend all day looking at a computer screen. I don't like reading books on my computer. But sometimes when I'm traveling light, it's nice to carry books, tutorials and documentation on a CD. So usually whenever I have the opportunity to capture some interesting info as a single .pdf file, I do it.

I also found a place to put it if any of you want it. Just download this link:

MozillaXUL.pdf
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool, thanks for the PDF file, more convinient than HTML pages.

Dunno if this is possible, but would you be able to create the PDF with a larger border on the page, especially the sides on the pages? Having a larger margin on the page will definitely improve the readability.
  9. Big Endian

I tried several ways to expand the margins before I put the original version out. No matter what options I chose, Adobe would always put a 0.14" border on the document. Finally I just got tired of messing with it.

The .doc version of the book I created as an intermediate step has large borders. I can always try and send you a copy of that if you want it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo