Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and I really hope you can help.
I've been working on something for two months and teaching myself at each step. I thought I had completed the job and was actually feeling pretty proud of myself, when suddenly the finish line was moved.

I have a very simple xml file.
Sample:
Code:
   <record>
        <state id='7'>Alaska</state>
        <category>Operator</category>
        <qid>u</qid>
        <question>Minimum Standards for Locator Qualifications</question>
        <response>No</response>
        <list>Yes</list>
   </record>
I use the following xsl file to create a list of "questions" in an iframe.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:template match="/">
  <html>
  <body style='line-height:12px'>
  <table width='236px' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='4' border='0' bgcolor='white'>
    <xsl:for-each select="dplaws/record[category='Operator'][list='Yes']">
         <xsl:if test="position() &lt; 13">
         <tr>
           <td>
              <div class="dplistb">
                  <a href='map.htm?frame={qid}' target='map' onclick='CngClass(this);'><xsl:value-of select="question"/></a>
              </div>
                 <xsl:if test="position() &lt; 12"><div style="border-top:1px solid #666666; margin-top:10px; padding:0px;"></div></xsl:if>
           </td>
         </tr>
         </xsl:if>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </table>
  </body>
  </html>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>
The text in this list of "questions" changes to red onrollover, stays red when clicked, causes a flash movie in a different iframe to go to a certain frame in the movie, etc. etc.

On the day I finished, I was rather casually asked to add a tooltip to SOME of the words found in the question node. For instance, in the example above, the tooltip would only appear when rolling over "Locator Qualifications".

I've tried for days to figure this one out, but can't. I immediately saw two major problems with implementing this change.
(1) getting the tooltip to display outside the iframe that contains the list of questions so that it isn't clipped. I believe I've found a solution to this.
(2) applying the tooltip to only part of each question.

Any help at all with #2 would be so appreciated. It seems to me that the simplest thing would be to add the tooltip code directly to the xml file, but I can't find a way to do that.

Sorry for such a long post; I guess I've let this get to me.
Thanks a bunch,
Debbie