1. No Profile Picture
    Masked Chicken
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

XML to WordML...

Hello,

I am a newbie to XML...

I have a report being generated as XML and I need to transform the xml output to WordML so our clients can open the document up in Word 2003. I am assuming I will need to use XSLT but I'm not sure how everything ties in together. I've done a few searches on google but every website I come across seems to having missing pieces or they dont explain the whole process. I'm looking for someone to give me some direction on where to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Got Debian Linux?
    www.debian.org
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

WordML is a complicated beast. While possible, it'll take a long time to get the XSLT to produce all of it correctly.

If you want clients to be able to view the report, HTML might be a better output format...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Masked Chicken

Originally Posted by requinix
    WordML is a complicated beast. While possible, it'll take a long time to get the XSLT to produce all of it correctly.

If you want clients to be able to view the report, HTML might be a better output format...
    I kind of figured that I was going to get a response like that just from googling around, it seems to be a headache.

The clients need to open up the file in word doc so they can make some changes. I came across openXML but I'm not sure how that works either.

Got Debian Linux?
    www.debian.org
  7. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

How complicated is this report and/or the Word document you need to generate?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Masked Chicken

Originally Posted by requinix
    How complicated is this report and/or the Word document you need to generate?
    Not too complicates. The xml piece is already done. The document created would be 3 columns of information

Got Debian Linux?
    www.debian.org

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo