1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

XSL & CSS Pagebreak

Hi,

I've created a web page that uses Evo HTML to PDF Converter. The web page pulls data from a SQL Server Database, exports it to the webpage using an XSL file and the Evo program exports that webpage into a PDF file.

The data pulled from the database is grouped by Dates, and then by Location. From there it is ordered by times.

For each date, I have put in a
    Code:
    table width="100%" style="font-family: Calibri, Arial; page-break-after:never">
    so that each page has a brand new date. The date is then repeated on the following pages depending on how many locations and times there are.

Under each location, there can be as many as 10 different times. What I want to happen, is if the whole Location group (i.e. all the data - ordered by time - doesn't fit on the page that it is currently on, it will automatically push that location onto the next page.

I'm using a
    Code:
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="position() = last()">
    in order to check if its the last page of the document so that the
    Code:
    table width="100%" style="font-family: Calibri, Arial; page-break-after:never">
    won't add an extra blank page after all the data has been exported. I'm thinking there would be some code similar to this that would do a similar job??? Help greatly appreciated
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have a problem while generating PDF reports, my report shows a table with the employee's information, but the issue is that the report splits between employees, in other words, some of the information is displayed in one page and the rest in the next one for the same employee. I'm using Viisual Studio 2003, ASP.NET 1.1, C# , ABCDPDF 5.0, and XSLT and I was thinking was that there might be a way to identify when the last node will not fit in the page then do a page break. I can't use counter of nodes to do it because the nodes may vary in size for each employee. I also found out about XSL FO, but how could I implement it without changing the current XSLT file? because there are several xsl:for each statements in it that get the value from the code behing page.

Please any suggestions?

web development services | Web development company

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo