November 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM
XSD to HTML Form generation?
Hi, Iíve been tasked with building a web-based interactive SDK to speed up client-side development for our RESPful Web Service APIs. Part of the solution requires an engine that can read an XSD and dynamically generate an editable html form. The idea is to have the user populate the online form to generate a valid XML document. Iím hoping to find a product or library that will help get us there as opposed to building this from scratch. We are looking to integrate this in a tomcat/jsp/java environment. Here are some of the requirements:
(1) Support XSD include & group elements (100+ services are in 2 XSD files bound by include)
(2) Allow selection (via configuration) of an element node to generate form (subset of XSD)
(3) Form should allow data entry of Elements and Attributes
(4) Support 0 to unbound occurrences of any type in Form (add/delete/collapse)
(5) Form widgets:
a. Radio buttons for Choice
b. Checkboxs for Boolean
c. DropDown Lists for Enumerations
d. Datepickers for Dates
(6) Allow for adding default data on the Form
(7) XSD validation should be integrated in the Form highlighting fields in error
(8) Open-source and extendable
*Constraint: Iím building a layer on top of existing services and I donít have access to modify the XSDs.
Iíve looked at xsd-forms and it looks promising but itís in pre-alpha status. Also looking at XSDForm but it may be difficult to integrate with our technology stack and does only part of what we need (but still looking at it). Any ideas or recommendations?